Thursday, June 21, 2007

PS...Try not to poison your dogs




Drum Roll.......................Jack weighs 50 pounds. That is a LOT of beagle. Tom has been taking him on daily walks and he has a new spring in his step. His trips to the dog park usually involve him strategically keeping us within sight, but taking a shortcut to reunite with us on the descent. He has been much less food aggressive in general since he has started his daily walks. One of these days, Tom says he will be able to extend the walks and visit me at work. We had a major problem earlier in the week, however. While we were refinishing our kitchen cabinets, the dogs found a box of long forgotten MOUSEBAIT in the recesses of the cabinets. I came into the kitchen to see the box chewed up and licked clean and 4 smiling canines. 70 dollars and one vet visit later, all 4 dogs are on vitamin K therapy. I suspect Jack and his brother were the culprits but I am treating the girls as well. Nobody seems to be showing ill effects. We will be doing a repeat weigh in soon. Hopefully he dropped a pound or two already. Anyone have any ideas for dog-proofing those corner cabinet thingy's? I would like to store food in there again!





PS--I have READERS--That is so exciting. Please keep those comments coming and I will post every day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon everyday.

It will always be helpful to read content from other writers and practice something from other sites.


Here is my web page - african mango australia

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp paying off credit card debt
consolidate credit card debt